I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
I had a wonderful long weekend and I hope you all did, too. Here are Ten Things I Did This Weekend:
- Swam in the ocean. I went in Saturday, not because I was hot, but because I felt compelled to go in, assuming it would be our last beach day. And then Sunday was even more wonderful than Saturday, so I swam again.
- Rode my bike. I rode it around the neighborhood with Dale. I rode it to the beach and back. I love that it’s so easy to ride our bikes here because the roads are wide and there are very few cars on them.
- Saw a fantastic sunset. The water was as pink as the sky and it was just gorgeous.
- Played games. Just Quiddler this time. I lost round 1 to Dale, barely squeaked out a winner for round 2, and then beat him resoundingly for round 3.
- Had dinner with Doreen and Mark. Twice. Once at “our” house on Friday night and then again at a restaurant on Sunday night. Truthfully they aren’t that much closer when we are here on the Cape than when we are at home but it just feels closer since we’re all on the same side of the bridge.
- Ate ice cream. So good and such a treat.
- Read. I read on the beach and I read on the deck. I read in bed and I read on the couch. And I am still not finished with A Breath of Snow and Ashes. 1400 pages takes a long time to get through, my friends.
- Knit. Real progress was made on Algiers. I might even finish before the summer ends. Yes, that’s right. Despite what some people think, it’s still summer until 9/22. Sure, Kat’s Summer Knit-Along has ended but that’s just a technicality. As an aside, it always makes me extra happy when my birthday (9/21) is in the summer and not in the fall.
- Shopped locally. I got fish from the local fish market and flowers and corn from the local farmstand. Sure, it takes a bit more effort to drive to these places instead of just getting everything from the supermarket but I happen to think it’s worth it.
- Danced with Dale. It wouldn’t be a romantic weekend without it.
How was your weekend?
If you wrote a post for today be sure and include your link below. As always, if you want to receive the Ten On Tuesday email click here to subscribe.