I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
After a two week hiatus we are back with Ten On Tuesday. And this week’s topic is an appropriate one: 10 Things I Miss About My Home When I’m Away. Let’s do this!
- Air conditioning. Normally I don’t miss this when we are on the Cape because it’s usually cooler there. Not this year, though, particularly at the very beginning of our vacation.
- The garden. I miss picking tomatoes and basil daily.
- The deck furniture. We have a lovely deck at our vacation house but it lacks those comfortable couches I have at home.
- The container gardens. There’s just nothing lovely to look at while sitting on the deck at our rental. I get it, there isn’t someone to regularly water flowers, but it just makes me miss mine more.
- My pillows. I have the-best bed pillows.
- The Instant Pot. I actually contemplated bringing it but talked myself out of it.
- The Keurig. The coffee pot at the Cape? Slower than slower. I miss that instant jolt of good strong brew first thing when I get up.
- The ice maker. I spent a lot of time on vacation filling ice cube trays. First world problem, I know.
- Our big TV. I know that yesterday I said my favorite evenings are the ones where we don’t watch TV – and that’s very true. But I do like to catch the news in the morning and maybe a movie once in a while.
- Our friends and family. As nice as it is to go away it’s extra nice to come home and reconnect with the people who matter most.
I guess the cliche is true – there’s no place like home. As I said to Dale Sunday night, I just wish we could pick up our house and plunk it down on Cape Cod by the beach. Is that too much to ask?
If you wrote a post for today please include your link below. If you’d like to subscribe for the weekly Ten On Tuesday email please click here to sign up.