It’s been a long winter here in New England and, while I’m always happy to see spring arrive, this year I am extra happy. And that leads me to this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic, 10 Reasons To Be Glad It’s Spring.
- Opening the windows. It’s so good to air out the house and bring in the spring breezes!
- Spring bulbs. The crocus are up and the daffodils are coming. I’m so happy that the landscape is sporting colors other than white, gray and brown.
- College basketball. My beloved Tennessee Lady Vols are doing well and I hope they go all the way to the Final Four this year.
- Spinning on the deck. I haven’t yet but I’m sure it will happen soon.
- Spring peepers. I haven’t heard them yet but it’s only a matter of time.
- Red winged blackbirds. I know they must be here but I’ve yet to see one. I think I heard one the other day, though.
- Longer days. I know some people hate daylight savings time and I’m not a big fan of losing an hour to kick start the event – but – I do love that it’s light out at 7pm now.
- Pussy willows. I’m seeing the fuzzy little buds everywhere these days and it makes me glad.
- Asparagus and artichokes. They are in season which means they will be reasonably priced at the grocery store. Hooray!
- Walking in the woods. Sure, it’s muddy but a walk in the woods is the best way to enjoy spring!
Bring on spring!
!– start InLinkz script –>