I don’t often pick music related topics for Ten On Tuesday but this week I was inspired by a friend’s status update on Facebook and that led me to . . . 10 Favorite One Hit Wonders.
- Montego Bay by Bobby Bloom. Makes me think of our Cape Cod vacation.
- Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes by Edison Lighthouse. Another peppy little tune and Dale should explain (in the comments, I hope) about his misheard song lyrics from this one.
- Tired of Toein’ the Line by Rocky Burnette. I like this one but Dale absolutely loves it.
- Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum. I’ve loved this song since I was a kid. Goin’ up to the spirit in the sky, that’s where I’m gonna go when I die . . .
- O-0-h Child by the Five Stairsteps. Things are gonna get easier.
- Start the Commotion by the Wise Guys. Fire it up, baby.
- Rose Garden by Lynn Anderson. I had a cousin named Lynn Anderson and when I was a kid I really believed she had a hit with this song.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Deep Blue Sound. Anyone else remember this one?
- Breathless by the Corrs. Let us not forget, I fell in love in the 90s.
- Mambo #5 by Lou Bega. So fun for dancing.
The cheese factor is pretty high on some of these but nevertheless, I love me a one hit wonder!