Today is my 14th wedding anniversary and since it happens to fall on a Tuesday I totally chose this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic to reflect my feelings. Let’s get all romantic and talk about our 10 Favorite Love Songs.
- Moon River. It’s “our” song so it has to be first on the list. We danced to the Andy Williams version as our first dance as a married couple and we still dance to it every time we hear it.
- Could I Have This Dance by Anne Murray. This was our “going away” dance at our wedding and is also one we can’t resist.
- Back Home Again by John Denver. Perhaps not a song most people would consider a love song but it’s one I always played when Dale returned from his hunting trips. Being home is all about being with the people you love, after all.
- Distantly In Love by Jimmy Buffett. Another one about being separated from the one you love. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder, I think.
- I Got You Babe by Sonny and Cher. Sometimes I think this one was written just for us. It’s got stuff about long hair and being a clown and just being meant to be. We always joke that if we ever have an anniversary party we have to sing this one together. Too bad I can’t sing!
- Eighteen Wheels and a Dozen Roses by Kathy Mattea. Yeah, yeah, another country song, but it’s a good one and just makes you want to retire and be with the one you love.
- Let It Be Me by the Everly Brothers. The guys in the band sang this for our wedding ceremony. It was beautiful.
- Through the Years by Kenny Rogers. I always think of Dale’s parents when I hear this one, they were so devoted to each other.
- Till There Was You by The Beatles. No I never heard them at all, till there was you.
- Love in the Library by Jimmy Buffett. This is a little known song of Jimmy’s but it’s a favorite of ours. How could we not love a song about falling in love in the library?
That’s my list of love songs. They may not be very traditional but they speak volumes to me. Happy Anniversary, Dale. Thanks for making every day feel like a love song.