I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading these Ten On Tuesday posts. And I’ll get to it in just a minute but first —- an announcement.
Beginning in October Ten on Tuesday is going to become Ten on the Tenth. That’s right, we are going to a monthly list instead of a weekly one. I’m hoping this will keep those of you who already love these posts happy but I’m also hoping it will breathe some new life (and hopefully new participants!) into this format.
Okay, on with this week’s post. For today I have asked everyone to list the 5 best things they did this summer and then 5 things they are looking forward to doing this fall. (Yes, I am resigning myself to the arrival of fall. Sigh.)
This summer I loved when I
- Swam in the ocean. A lot.
- Had cocktails and snacks on the deck. Sometimes with Dale and sometimes with friends but all times awesome.
- Harvested lots of tomatoes, basil and jalapenos. Our garden was a success despite our dry conditions and lack of gardening knowledge.
- Got a cover all for my Summer Book Bingo. I invested a lot of time reading and I loved (almost) every minute of it.
- Traveled. I went to Kalamazoo and Chicago and Lake Winniepesaukee and Cape Cod and it was all fantastic.
This fall I am looking forward to
- Driving the Mustang with the top down. The dog days of summer are not ideal for convertible driving but fall is just perfect for it.
- Our first fire of the season. By January I’ll be tired of the dust and the mess but the first fire is one I always treasure.
- Going to King Richard’s Faire. We missed it last year but I’m hoping we get to go at least once, if not twice, this year.
- Watching football and eating all that yummy football food.
- Decorating the house (inside and out) for fall. Mums and wreaths outside, pumpkins and leaves inside, along with changing out the curtains and artwork in the den. I think fall decorations are my favorite.
So, how about you? What did you do this summer that you loved? And what are you looking forward to doing this fall? If you wrote a post for today please add your link below. If you’d like to subscribe to the Ten On Tuesday (soon to be Ten on the Tenth) email list, please click here.