I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Ten On Tuesday
Summer is almost officially here – going by the calendar – and summer is officially here if you’re going by the weather. It’s my favorite season and I love to savor it. One way to do that is to make a list of things to do and so, today’s Ten On Tuesday topic is 10 Things on This Summer’s Bucket List.
- Make ice cream. I actually already did this last weekend. I bought, on Bev’s recommendation, the Kitchen Aid ice cream maker and it’s fantastic. I used Pioneer Woman’s recipe for strawberry ice cream and it was fantastic.
- Spend as much time on the deck aka our summer living room as possible. It’s like having a whole ‘nother room and I love it so much.
- Travel somewhere new. Happening soon!
- Swim. I’m a big fan of the beach but I don’t often go in the water. This year, though, I want to make sure I do.
- Harvest my own vegetables. Our raised bed is off to a great start!
- Read. Lots. Get a cover all for summer book bingo as a result.
- Visit Heritage Museum and Gardens. We went last year and had a wonderful time and this year they have an exhibit of costumes from movies that sounds fantastic.
- Go camping. Or, even better, glamping.
- Go to Lake Winnipesaukee to visit Jo-Ann and Shawn. Ride in the boat as much as possible.
- Dine al fresco. I love a restaurant with outdoor dining, whether it’s with a beautiful water view or even just a few of the parking lot. Everything is better outside.
How about you? What’s on your summer bucket list? Please add a link to your post so we can all read it. Go here to subscribe to the weekly Ten On Tuesday email.
This Post Has 16 Comments
What a great list, full of summer fun! I bet you might even be multiplying the fun by eating ice cream while reading on your deck.
Spinning on the deck at the lake … I plan to bring my wheel up for the summer and hopefully get lots of spin time out there.
I’m excited about that Heritage Museum exhibit too. I’ve heard the place is fantastic and they have beautiful gardens! There used to be a heath & heather garden down the cape somewhere nearby too – might try to find that while I’m down there.
Great list — especially that “travel somewhere new” item! 😉 Enjoy every moment of the summer!
So much to do and it always feels like it is over too quickl! So lots of time on the Pergola covered patio and porch. Breathe in the summer smells and listen to the birds chorus. And, enjoy every minute! Great list Carole!
Ice cream! We have an ice cream maker but I’ve never really liked the ice cream that we were able to make with it, so now it tends to get used for making frozen Coke (which the kids love). I will be following your ice cream adventures to see if I can pick up any tips about how to make our homemade ice cream better.
A great list & a great prompt! It was great to take a few moments & set some goals for these “lazy” days of summer. Here’s to all of us filling those summertime buckets!
Love that outside summertime living room! That’s a great list.
I wish I enjoyed summer, but I can’t tolerate being outside in the heat and humidity. It has been in the 90s with awful humidity all week and I just hope it won’t be like this for the next three months! Once we get cooler weather, I enjoy all sorts of outdoor activities.
This is a perfect summer list! Summer is my season, too. I love the warmth on my skin, the green plants, mountain wildflowers, and a million other reasons! (You and Kym think you’ve got a secret, but I think i know what’s going on.) I see fun for you in everything you do! xox
I could go glamping. I fear my days of camping in a tent are far behind me. 😉
I want to hit a lot of the summer festivals along the coast of Maine. Maybe the Moxie festival, too, I hear they have the best fireworks display.
What a great list, and most of the items are on my summer list, too. Making ice cream sounds like fun, may try it – and glamping! I think my camping days are over, but I miss them so much!
Glamping! Come to Lake Denison and you can shower at my house! 🙂 Great list and I’m with you on the outside dining and reading. Bring it on!
Glamping! about as far as I’ll go is to sleep on the sofa on our screened porch 😉 Love your list and look forward to following along on your progress. Especially traveling someplace new!
Great list! I am planning to get to our community swimming pool often–stop by and I’ll give you a splash!
Know you will accomplish all of this, and provide lots of lovely photos as well. Happy Friday!
Comments are closed.