I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
I don’t consider myself a very curious person. Maybe it’s the fallout of working in a public library for the past mumblethirtysixmumblemuble years but I’m generally good at accepting things at face value and moving on. BUT. Sometimes I do get curious about stuff and I want to learn more. And so, this week, for Ten on Tuesday I am giving you a list of Ten Things I’m Curious About. Right now.
- The behavior of snapping turtles. A big one laid a bunch of eggs in my stepdaughter’s front yard the other day. I want to know more about their behavior, the incubation period of the eggs, etc. etc.
- Why I can’t grow lupine successfully. I try and try but they just don’t come back.
- Why my poppies don’t spread. I have exactly ONE poppy every year. I see other gardens with loads of poppies but not mine. WHY?
- Why the payroll spreadsheet doesn’t add a column up correctly. I have 3 payrolls I complete every other week for work. The final total column for 2 of these adds up correctly. The other one is off by a penny or two every.single.time. I have checked the rounding issue and everything else I can think of and I cannot fix this.
- How to paint with watercolors. And acrylics. I’ve been reading and I want to try more. Hullo new obsession.
- The real story behind the assassination of JFK. Conspiracy theories abound and I’d like to know the truth.
- Does food taste the same for everyone. I mean, love lamb and Dale hates it. Is that because it tastes different to him? Or does it taste the same and he doesn’t like it? Know what I mean? (I can’t think about this too long or I get a headache.)
- Speaking of food – who had the idea that lobster would be edible?
- How does the fax machine really work? I’ve read about it and I understand it in the sense that I can read the explanation. But really? I don’t get it.
- What was that one thing I was going to list on here that I can’t for the life of me remember? It was good, too. Damn.
I hope you wrote a post about your own curiosity today. If you did be sure and include the link to it below. And, if you’re curious about the Ten on Tuesday topic each week click here to subscribe.