I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
When Dale and I flew into Chicago and then drove to Kalamazoo I had a playlist of songs for us to listen to. Songs about Michigan and Chicago, of course. And it got me thinking – there are songs about lots of places! and wouldn’t that make a great Ten on Tuesday topic?! So, here we go with 10 Songs About The Place Where I Live: Boston (and also) Massachusetts.
- Dirty Water by The Standells. This one says it all.
- I’m Shipping Up To Boston by Dropkick Murphys. Loud rock and roll, baby!
- Please Come to Boston by Dave Loggins. This covers a lot of geography but it starts in Boston.
- The M.T.A. Song aka Charlie on the MTA by The Kingston Trio. If you aren’t familiar with this one it’s definitely worth watching the video.
- Rock and Roll Band by Boston. A song from my youth and one of my all time favorite Boston songs – the band and the city.
- Tessie by Dropkick Murphys. Again, a video worth watching.
- Whoever’s In New England by Reba McEntire. Corny! But the video has some scenes from around the city.
- Sweet Baby James by James Taylor. It’s a stretch to make this about Boston but he does mention the turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston in the 2nd verse.
- Roadrunner by The Modern Lovers. This one is new to me but how could I not include a song that mentions not only Stop & Shop but also Route 128?
- Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. It’s the unofficial theme song of the Boston Red Sox, in case you didn’t know.
I could have also included songs by J. Geils and Aerosmith since they are from here but I think that lists covers the best of Boston in music. I hope you had fun with this topic and wrote a post for today. Please include your link below so we can all check it out. As always, click here to subscribe to the Ten On Tuesday email list.