I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
It’s strawberry season around here and it probably is for a lot of you, too. Even if it’s not, it will be at some point, so let’s talk about our 10 Favorite Ways to Eat Strawberries.
- Plain. If they are just picked and warm from the sun this is the absolute best way to enjoy them.
- With a little brown sugar. Have you ever tried strawberries dipped in a little brown sugar? Oh so good!
- Jam. Strawberry jam is my favorite. I’ve only made it once and found it to be a lot of work.
- Pie. I blogged about my favorite strawberry pie before and I’ll be making that for my family very soon.
- Shortcake. I like mine with homemade biscuits and whipped cream. Not too sweet, either.
- With vanilla ice cream. Just slice ’em up and put them on top. Yummmmy and simple.
- With yogurt. The other morning for breakfast I had fat free vanilla yogurt with fresh strawberries and a sprinkling of sliced almonds. It was better than bacon and eggs, I tell you. Okay, maybe not better but definitely very good.
- With booze. The other day we went to a party and we made something called a French Kiss. It starts with a hollowed out strawberry. You put a chocolate chip in the bottom and then you fill up the little strawberry cup with vanilla vodka. Top with whipped cream and eat.
- In a salad. They are yummy with some baby spinach, goat cheese and walnuts.
- Scones. Light and delicious and wonderful with a cup of coffee on the deck.
I could have gone on and on, there are so many delicious ways to enjoy strawberries!