You know I try to keep a positive attitude all the time – and it mostly works well for me. But sometimes, well, sometimes it’s fun to complain. And today’s Ten on Tuesday topic, which comes from dear Kym, is a complain-y type of one. Today I’m going to tell you about the 10 Chores I Hate Most.
- Putting away the laundry. The only time I didn’t mind this was when I was in college and I had ample closet and dresser drawer space. These days – with a teeny closet and small bedroom – it’s just a stinker. That’s why I have Dale do it.
- Dusting. Because, really, it’s no sooner done then it needs to be done again.
- Putting away the groceries. I don’t mind planning meals and shopping for food and cooking the food but putting the stuff away? Blech.
- Picking up after other people. This is probably my number 1 pet peeve about living with other people. I love my husband and my daughter dearly but ya know, I’m not the maid and it sure would be nice if they’d put their own crap away.
- Going to the bank. Hate.it.
- Cleaning the fridge. I don’t mind throwing out stuff that’s expired, I mean emptying out the fridge and washing the shelves and the bins. Dale is actually awesome at this and he always does it when I ask.
- Emptying the trash. It takes 2 seconds and yet – I hate it.
- Emptying the dishwasher. See #7.
- Washing windows. I can’t seem to do it without leaving big streaks, even using newspaper and doing this out of the direct sun.
- Cleaning the toilet. The first time I did this I was a young bride and I threw up. Now I just pay someone else to do it.
There are lots of chores that I actually don’t mind doing at all – vacuuming and organizing and cooking, washing the sheets and towels, running errands and more. I think the important thing is figuring out the stuff you really hate and getting someone else in your family to do it!
Playing along this week? Click on the button below to add your link. Want to receive an email with the Ten on Tuesday topic every Monday? Click here.