Eye Candy Friday

jewelry christmas tree for carole knits

It wouldn’t be Christmas around here without my mom’s jeweled Christmas tree hanging in our dining room. I still can’t believe I let this sit in the garage for years without displaying it – now I think it’s beautiful and I enjoy looking at it very much.

And so here we are, the last weekend before Christmas. I’ve got lots to do to get ready for our Christmas Eve party but I truly enjoy entertaining our family and friends so I’m excited about it. And in between I plan on sneaking in a lot of quiet moments with Dale, savoring the lights and the season and the love that surrounds us, especially on Saturday night when we celebrate the winter solstice. We will gather around the fire and state our intentions for the year ahead, just as our ancestors have done before us.

God Jul!

14 Comments

1. Kim Said,

December 20, 2013 @ 8:06 am

Beautiful tree and beautiful post!

2. DebbieB Said,

December 20, 2013 @ 8:35 am

I love your mom’s jeweled tree. Such a lovely treasure. And the return of blog-snow! Now I know it’s Christmas. :)

God Jul, Carole!

3. Bonny Said,

December 20, 2013 @ 8:45 am

What an original and beautiful way to display these; that it was your mom’s makes it perfect! I also love looking at gently falling snow that I don’t have to shovel!

4. margene Said,

December 20, 2013 @ 8:45 am

Your mom’s vintage jewelry is wonderful and so beautifully arranged into a delightful design. You have a piece of her history, her style and her life…truly something to treasure.

5. Jo-Ann Said,

December 20, 2013 @ 9:33 am

I know I’ve told you before, but I truly love your Mom’s tree, it’s such a wonderful symbol of the beauty of the season and a treasured memory for you. You are Blessed!

6. Donna Said,

December 20, 2013 @ 9:41 am

I love that tree. What a great way to keep her in your hearts during the holiday season. Enjoy your weekend.

7. Marilyn Said,

December 20, 2013 @ 9:44 am

Love the tree. Enjoy the weekend! We all need to remember to see/savor the holiday and not just work towards it.

8. Jo Said,

December 20, 2013 @ 11:41 am

What a festive and happy reminder of your mother. The things we didn’t fully appreciate in our callow youth become treasures–so nice this work of art is not relegated to the garage anymore. The articulating of intentions for the coming year is also nice–there’s a very different spirit from making resolutions. Have a wonderful weekend!

9. Meghan Said,

December 20, 2013 @ 12:10 pm

Your mother’s tree is just a work of art. It’s a gift to have on display at Christmas time. She had a good eye for color and design and was obviously craftsy. Wasn’t it nice to inherit her talents as well! Merry Christmas.

10. Doris Said,

December 20, 2013 @ 3:49 pm

I love your jewelled tree, it is just gorgeous! I have some old brooches that I might have to find some way to display at some point. We are getting ready for our Christmas Eve open house also…lots of work, but oh so worth it. Merry Christmas!

11. Seanna Lea Said,

December 20, 2013 @ 3:50 pm

Merry Christmas! I think part I am looking forward to the most is singing. I love carols!

12. Paulette Said,

December 20, 2013 @ 11:38 pm

I love your tree~enjoy seeing it every year! I still want to make one……..sweet memory of your Mom!!

13. Sara Said,

December 21, 2013 @ 1:11 pm

I definitely want to make one for next year. What is it made of?

14. Lifesastitch Said,

December 22, 2013 @ 3:28 pm

That Christmas tree is a great idea. I’m going to amass some on my Mom and MIL’s stuff we till have around and add a few of my own.

RSS feed for comments on this post