I hereby declare that the next time you see this hat it will not longer…
I was quite apprehensive yesterday when I logged into Ravelry to take a look at my 2013 knitting production. I knew it would be low and I was right. How low? A record low of 19 items, 5 of which are dishcloths and 1 of which isn’t even blocked yet.
They are all beautifully photographed, though.
And so we have:
- 7 pairs of socks
- 6 shawls/scarves
- 5 dishcloths
- 1 sweater
My goals for 2013?
- knit 13 pairs of socks (to go along with 2013)
- knit a sweater for me – if and only if – I reach my goal weight.
- knit a sweater for Hannah
that damna shawl with beads
- knit at least 3 projects with my handspun
- knit anything else I feel like knitting
Umm. Yeah. Let’s move on without really talking about how badly I missed all of those goals but the last one, shall we?
Here are my knitting goals for 2014:
- knit socks. Some for me, some to give away, no set number for how many pairs.
- knit thigh high socks for Hannah. She has been patient and she deserves these and it will be easier than a sweater, I think.
- knit a sweater for me. I’m already well into Miss BB so this should be a slam-dunk.
- knit a vest for Dale. He has asked for another like this one.
- knit some mitts and some shawls
- enjoy it all
Lame, perhaps. But doable, most certainly. And as my dear friend Lois always says, done is better than perfect.