Reading is something many of us love to do and if you guys are anything like me you are always looking for new and terrific books to read. Sometimes the books we love are part of a series and that is a bonus because — look! there are more books just like this one!!! Today’s Ten on Tuesday topic, as you may have guessed by this introduction, is 10 Favorite Books in Series.
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. My favorite, hands down. I haven’t read them all yet as I am savoring them rather than tearing through them.
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. Simply the best for all ages.
- The Alphabet Mysteries by Sue Grafton. She’s almost done and, while I will be sad to see these end, I do think it’s time for Kinsey Millhone to try something new.
- The Goldy Bear Culinary mystery books by Diane Mott Davidson. I’m a sucker for books that include recipes.
- The Hunger Games books by Suzanne Collins. These were very very good and I enjoyed them so much. I tried the Divergent series thinking I would enjoy them as well but —- nope.
- The Hannah Swenson mystery books by Joanne Fluke. These include recipes and they are fun to read but certainly not anything close to good literature.
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder. The first series I ever read, I think, and then I read them over and over again. I wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder.
- The Kay Scarpetta books by Patricia Cornwell. They get darker and darker and I didn’t even realize until I looked at Good Reads that there are about 8 I haven’t read but if you like suspense then this series is for you.
- The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell. I am not a fan of science fiction but this series of 3 books are among the finest I have ever read. The first is the best, I think, but the other 2 are excellent and I can’t recommend this highly enough.
- The Thursday Next books by Jasper Fforde. If you’re a fan of Jane Eyre then the 1st in this series is a must. I will admit that I lost interest after the 5th (mainly because I read them one right after the other) but I’m thinking I’d like to get back to them and try again.
I’m looking forward to expanding my to-be-read list today! If you wrote a post to share please click the button below to add your link. If you want to receive the weekly Ten on Tuesday email please click here to sign up.