It was another stellar weekend here, dear readers. Ready for a recap?
On Friday I did the usual
- gym (which was so full of the dreaded January people that I couldn’t get a treadmill. Seriously? I mean, yay for you guys for starting this but, as Kym said – stay out of my way)
- grocery shop
- errands (including a trip to Best Buy – more about that later)
I also did the unusual and that included
- lunch with the Knitigator. It was so awesome to catch up and yes, I gave here a mini lecture on blogging more
- dinner with our awesome friends Ken and Leslie. (we generally stay home on Friday nights but these friends live so close to us that it’s almost like staying home – and, speaking of home, theirs is lovely and cozy and we had a delightful evening that included a fabulous dinner and lots of laughs playing Cards Against Humanity)
On Saturday, because I had planned so well on Friday
- it was a pajama day
- I read an entire book (Still Alice, which was awesome and also heartbreaking)
- I enjoyed the hell out of my purchase from that trip to Best Buy. (yes, we took the plunge and bought Sonos wireless speakers for our house. 4 Play1s and a Play3. They are a-maze-ing. We have listened to music more this weekend than we have in ages because it’s just so easy to turn it on and enjoy it in every room as we wander through the house. Worth every [and there were many] penny. It’s like the old days when we had a big stereo system and receiver with speakers everywhere. Only so much better.)
- cooked a delicious pot roast
- watched the snow fall
- woke up to a mini winter wonderland
- listened to music all morning (Carole King radio on Pandora, if you want to know.)
- went to see The Imitation Game. (this may be my new favorite of the best picture nominees – it’s truly fantastic.)
- played way too many game of 3s and Mario Kart
- made a delicious dinner of roasted salmon
- watched Downton Abbey (buh bye Lord Gillingham. And also, Sara Bunting annoys the crap out of me.)
And here we are on Monday already. Sounds like we’re getting snowmageddon here. It’s okay, though.
We are ready.