You all know I love summer. I love the easy schedule it brings, the warm weather, and all of that outdoor living. And cooking. There’s nothing simpler than throwing some meat on the grill and cooking some corn on the cob. But. When the weather turns cooler my thoughts turn to roasts and stews, soups and breads. In other words: comfort food. Here are the 10 Foods I’m Looking Forward to Eating (and cooking) Now That Fall Is (almost) Here.
- Pork Chops & Mushroom Gravy. We had this last night, in fact.
- Pot Roast & Mashed Potatoes. My favorite comfort food and something I often cook for dinner parties.
- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip. Fall means football and football means Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- Chili. Another fall/football favorite of ours.
- Venison Stew. I like to cook it all day in the dutch oven, it makes the house smell so good.
- Chicken & Rice Soup. While Dale prefers Chicken & Noodle, he’s not the one cooking and homemade Chicken & Rice soup is probably my most favorite soup of all.
- Roast chicken. Is there anything easier than putting a whole chicken in a pan and then roasting it? Nope.
- Meatloaf and baked potatoes. And then meatloaf sandwiches with the leftovers the next day.
- Homebaked bread. There’s nothing like it and I’m sure not making it in the summer time.
The good thing about a food topic for Ten on Tuesday is that there’s generally great participation. The bad thing is that these topics always make me hungry! If you wrote a post for today please click the button below to add your link. As always, if you want to sign up for the Ten on Tuesday email then please click here.