The arrival of fall always gets me a little energized to learn something new. I think it’s the cooler temps and shorter days and the fact that I live with 2 people who are school employees so we still have that back-to-school mentality around our house. Anyway, I was thinking the other day of things I’d like to learn and then thought – wouldn’t it be great if I could just snap my fingers and be able to do this stuff? Today’s Ten On Tuesday topic reflects that wish: 10 Things I Wish I Could Learn Instantly.
- Spanish. I can order food and drinks in restaurants but when it comes to conversations? Not so much.
- Crochet. I try and try but it still feels pretty awkward to me most of the time.
- Painting. As in art. I really don’t have any artistic ability but I would love to be able to paint a beautiful painting.
- Automotive repair. Think of the money I could save if I could repair my own car!
- Plumbing. See number 4.
- Html. I used to be able to write simple html stuff but now with style sheets and all of that my knowledge just doesn’t cut it.
- Play the guitar. I’d love to be able to play for some good old-fashioned sing-a-longs on the deck or around the campfire.
- Tailoring. So many off the rack things don’t fit as well as they should. I can make simple adjustments but I’d love to be able to make custom fit garments.
- Electrical Wiring. Again, see numbers 4 and 5. Although I do have an excellent friend who happens to be an excellent electrician so I mostly have this covered.
- How to drive a standard. Never learned. Probably should actually do this one.
Some of those things are attainable and some are pipe dreams but wouldn’t it be great if we could just snap our fingers and be really good at something?
If you wrote a post for today please include your link below. If you’d like to subscribe to the weekly Ten On Tuesday email please click here.