I sort of can’t believe that yesterday was August 1st. And, as much as I love August (because Cape Cod vacation) it still leaves me with a touch of melancholy when it arrives because it means that summer will be drawing to an end. I know that according to the calendar summer goes well into September but, for me, once Dale goes back to school it feels like the long lazy days of summer are over. All of this is just a way of saying that I want to hold on to summer and savor the next 4 weeks as much as possible. I also want to make sure I’m doing those things I put on my Summer Bucket list back in June. So, for today’s Ten On Tuesday topic, I’m taking a look at that list and updating it accordingly as well as making plans for the things I haven’t gotten to yet.
- Make ice cream. I actually already did this last weekend. I bought, on Bev’s recommendation, the Kitchen Aid ice cream maker and it’s fantastic. I used Pioneer Woman’s recipe for strawberry ice cream and it was fantastic. I have made ice cream but only once. I need to do this again because it was fabulous.
- Spend as much time on the deck aka our summer living room as possible. It’s like having a whole ‘nother room and I love it so much. This one is a no brainer and we have definitely spent a lot of time on the deck, especially in the late afternoon and evening. I plan to be out there as much as possible until the cold drives me inside.
- Travel somewhere new. Happening soon! Definitely accomplished since we went to Michigan and Chicago. And that reminds me, I still owe you Chicago details.
- Swim. I’m a big fan of the beach but I don’t often go in the water. This year, though, I want to make sure I do. I swam in Lake Winniepesaukee when we visited Jo-Ann and Shawn and finally swam in the ocean this past Sunday. More of this will be coming up this month when we hit the Cape Cod beaches.
- Harvest my own vegetables. Our raised bed is off to a great start! You all know I’m picking cukes and basil and the tomatoes are starting to ripen, too, and it’s fabulous.
- Read. Lots. Get a cover all for summer book bingo as a result. You guys! I have read so much this summer! I only need 3 more books to get my Bingo cover-all.
- Visit Heritage Museum and Gardens. We went last year and had a wonderful time and this year they have an exhibit of costumes from movies that sounds fantastic. We have not done this yet and it’s not looking good since our Fridays are being eaten up by other plans. It could still happen though, maybe even in September.
- Go camping. Or, even better, glamping. Nope. But we did visit Tom & Anne at their camper on Sunday and that sort of counts.
- Go to Lake Winniepesaukee to visit Jo-Ann and Shawn. Ride in the boat as much as possible. This one gets a partial. We did go to the lake but the boat was, unfortunately, out of commission. It was a fabulous weekend, nevertheless.
- Dine al fresco. I love a restaurant with outdoor dining, whether it’s with a beautiful water view or even just a few of the parking lot. Everything is better outside. We definitely need to up our game on this one and hit some of our favorite outdoor dining spots. Perhaps we’ll fit one in this week even!
I hope your summer is going along perfectly and that you are doing all the summery things you love to do. I also hope you’ll write a post for today and tell us all about the fun you are having. Include your link below so that we can all visit and comment. As always, if you’d like to receive the Ten On Tuesday email just click here to sign up.