I saw this list over at Beth’s yesterday and thought it would be perfect for today. I know it’s kind of long but I hope you’ll read it. I also hope you’ll answer the questions on your own blog because I think lists like this are fun!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper with homemade bows if it’s something in a box. Gift bags for the oddly shapped stuff.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real because Dale insists but I grew up with artificial and wouldn’t mind switching over. They are easier to care for, don’t require an annual investment of $35-$50 and don’t involve lots of pine needles so I’d really prefer artificial.
3. When do you put up the tree? Right before Christmas because we have a wood stove and that dries the tree out pretty quickly.
4. When do you take the tree down? As soon as possible. Please see numbers 2 and 3.
5. Do you like eggnog? I can take it or leave it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember getting a play house that was all set up when I came down on Christmas morning. I don’t know if it was my favorite gift but I remember it clearly. And then I announced that I was going to open all my gifts inside the play house. That idea was vetoed pretty quickly by my mom.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Definitely my father-in-law. What do you get for an 82 year old man? I usually pawn this one off on Dale but I don’t feel too guilty about that since I do all the other gift selections myself.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Dale. I usually remember things he says throughout the year, plus he’s really easy to please.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I cross stitched one on paper years ago. It’s held up pretty well.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? We mail them but this is probably my least favorite thing about Christmas.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My ex-husband gave me some pretty bone-headed things over the years but I can’t think of anything specific.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite but we always end up watching A Christmas Story at some point. I really like Elf, too.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I pick up things year round if I see something special for someone but I shop in earnest in October and November.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don’t think so. Maybe some wine or something.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Polish Tea Cakes. The recipe is on my blog here.
16. Lights on the tree? Of course! They are colored lights because all the other lights (in the windows, around the doorways) are clear.
17. Favorite Christmas song? My favorite religious one is “O Come All Ye Faithful” and my favorite pop one is “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.” The part about through the years we all will be together makes me cry every time I hear it.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay home as all our relatives are in the area.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Sure, but I’d have to sing to do it.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We used to open one on Christmas Eve and the rest in the morning but we’ve pretty much saved them all for Christmas morning the last few years.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Christmas commercials! Every kiss beings with Kay . . . need I say more?
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I’m pretty traditional and things are red and green at my house. I have a snowman collection so I guess that’s a theme.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? I’d like a flash for my camera. You got that, Dale?
24. Angel on the tree top or a star? It used to be a Father Christmas but now we have an angel.
25. Favorite Christmas dinner? I really like to have beef for Christmas dinner. Pass the prime rib and yorkshire pudding, please!