In honor of Hannah’s high school graduation this coming Sunday, this week’s Ten On Tuesday is 10 Things You Would Tell a High School Graduate. Are you listening, Hannah?
- Congratulations! I’m proud of you! You worked hard and you deserve all the credit in the world!
- Get a good summer job. Hannah has one and is very very fortunate.
- Go to college. It would be nice if a high school education was enough to get you into the work force earning a living wage but the truth is that college is pretty necessary to any decent career.
- Enjoy college. It’s hard work but it’s also a lot of fun and you should savor every moment of it.
- Save lots of money. The more you can do without loans the better off you will be 4 years from now.
- Along those same lines, create a budget and learn to stick to it. In other words, live within your means.
- Treasure your high school friends. It’s good to stay in touch but –
- Be open to making new friends when you start college. These are the friendships that will last for the rest of your life.
- Know who you are. To thine own self be true! Don’t compromise your values or morals for anyone.
- Be open to the things life brings your way. We don’t know what the future holds but the best advice I can give is to enjoy the ride!
I’m really looking forward to reading everyone’s posts today – and you can be sure I’ll make Hannah read them, too!