I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
In honor of Hannah’s high school graduation this coming Sunday, this week’s Ten On Tuesday is 10 Things You Would Tell a High School Graduate. Are you listening, Hannah?
- Congratulations! I’m proud of you! You worked hard and you deserve all the credit in the world!
- Get a good summer job. Hannah has one and is very very fortunate.
- Go to college. It would be nice if a high school education was enough to get you into the work force earning a living wage but the truth is that college is pretty necessary to any decent career.
- Enjoy college. It’s hard work but it’s also a lot of fun and you should savor every moment of it.
- Save lots of money. The more you can do without loans the better off you will be 4 years from now.
- Along those same lines, create a budget and learn to stick to it. In other words, live within your means.
- Treasure your high school friends. It’s good to stay in touch but –
- Be open to making new friends when you start college. These are the friendships that will last for the rest of your life.
- Know who you are. To thine own self be true! Don’t compromise your values or morals for anyone.
- Be open to the things life brings your way. We don’t know what the future holds but the best advice I can give is to enjoy the ride!
I’m really looking forward to reading everyone’s posts today – and you can be sure I’ll make Hannah read them, too!