The first official weekend of summer is almost upon us! And so, in honor of Memorial Day, this week’s 10 on Tuesday topic is 10 Favorite Cookout Foods.
- A nice juicy cheeseburger. Might as well start with the classic.
- And I can’t resist a good hot dog. I like Kayem because they snap when you bite ’em.
- Serve up that burger and dog with some potato salad. I like mine the old-fashioned way with potatoes, celery, a little onion, mayo and hard-boiled egg. Simple but delicious!
- Pioneer Woman’s Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies. I cook them on the grill and they are absolutely delicious.
- Margaritas. By the bucket, please. Is a margarita a food? It is to me!
- Beer. There is nothing like an ice cold beer at a cookout.
- Kebabs. Chicken, beef or why not both?
- Grilled veggies. I love zucchini and summer squash on the grill!
- Three Bean Salad. I got a recipe from Cynthia ages ago and it’s wonderful.
- Ice cream. What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Writing this list made me hungry! I hope I get invited to a cookout this weekend!