I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
The first official weekend of summer is almost upon us! And so, in honor of Memorial Day, this week’s 10 on Tuesday topic is 10 Favorite Cookout Foods.
- A nice juicy cheeseburger. Might as well start with the classic.
- And I can’t resist a good hot dog. I like Kayem because they snap when you bite ’em.
- Serve up that burger and dog with some potato salad. I like mine the old-fashioned way with potatoes, celery, a little onion, mayo and hard-boiled egg. Simple but delicious!
- Pioneer Woman’s Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies. I cook them on the grill and they are absolutely delicious.
- Margaritas. By the bucket, please. Is a margarita a food? It is to me!
- Beer. There is nothing like an ice cold beer at a cookout.
- Kebabs. Chicken, beef or why not both?
- Grilled veggies. I love zucchini and summer squash on the grill!
- Three Bean Salad. I got a recipe from Cynthia ages ago and it’s wonderful.
- Ice cream. What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Writing this list made me hungry! I hope I get invited to a cookout this weekend!