You know I love to eat and I love to share recipes and I love to talk about food. So this week’s topic is all about food. At least I hope it’s about food since it’s 10 Things in Your Refrigerator Right Now.
- Leftover beef stew. I made this for the game on Sunday and we’ll be having the leftovers for dinner tonight. Like any good stew, it will taste even better today, I’m sure.
- An oven-stuffer-roaster. This is for dinner tomorrow night. I bought the smallest roaster I could find and couldn’t help remembering the days when I used to buy the largest.
- Zucchini. Our CSA is just about over but we still got some zucchini last week.
- Three pickling cukes. Again from the CSA.
- Milk. I don’t drink it (ever!) and it’s 1%. I’m trying to convince Dale to drop down to skim but he’s resisting.
- Butter. Real butter. Not margarine and not butter flavored crap but real butter. I’d rather use less and have that taste then use more and have it taste like chemicals.
- Eggs. They are from the store right now but I like it much better when they come from Sharon’s chickens.
- Cheese. Probably too much cheese. I’m pretty sure right now there is American and Swiss along with Extra Sharp Cheddar and some Pepper Jack. We love cheese at our house.
- Beer. Goes without saying, doesn’t it?
- Stuffed quahogs. I bought these to eat while we watched the football game on Sunday but we stuffed ourselves on potato skins and stuffed mushrooms and that was before we even had the beef stew so the quahogs are waiting for another time. I love them with lots of Tabasco sauce!
That’s my fridge. One of these days we’ll have to talk about the freezer, too.