I had fun with our topic from a few weeks back, 10 Things in Your Refrigerator so I thought it would be interesting to recycle that topic and do 10 Things In Your Freezer Right Now. I have not only my freezer/fridge combo but I big freezer in the garage. It comes in handy for all this stuff, that’s for sure.
- Turkeys. I cooked one a couple of weeks ago but I think there are still 2 more out there. I think they might be breeding in the cold and dark.
- Pie crust. Whenever I make pie crust I make an extra batch and stick it in the freezer. That way, when I want to make a pie, the crust is ready to go.
- A big bag of chopped green peppers. These are from our CSA this summer and they freeze great and it’s so easy to just scoop out what I need for a recipe.
- Cranberries. These also freeze great and will be used for cranberry sauce and cranberry pecan pie when Thanksgiving rolls around.
- Mystic Pizza. As frozen pizza goes, this is pretty good.
- Spaghetti Sauce. I made a big batch last winter and froze the sauce in amounts that are not too much for just Dale and I. I was thinking, though, that we could have spaghetti on one night and then meatball sandwiches on a second night and that should use up all the sauce.
- Chicken, pork tenderloin, hamburger and other assorted packages of meat. I buy it when it’s on sale, of course.
- Ice. I’m ready for a martini at a moment’s notice.
- Kona coffee from Hawaii that Dale’s friend Arthur brought us. I’ve been hording it but it won’t last forever.
- 2 ripe bananas. I really need to bake a banana bread and get rid of those.
That’s just a sampling of what’s in my freezer. What’s in yours?