Christmas is only a few days away and I’m sure there are some of you who haven’t finished your shopping yet. In that spirit, let’s talk about 10 Last Minute Gift Ideas.
- Bake something. Cookies, breads, heck even Chex Party Mix, make great gifts. Nothing says love like homemade.
- Knit something. Okay, you know that I don’t knit for Christmas but it’s not too late for those of you that do. I wouldn’t recommend something complex but there’s still time for a chunky hat or fingerless mitts.
- Re-gift. I’m hesitant to put this on here because I have mixed feelings about it. Nevertheless, in a pinch something from your yarn stash for another knitter isn’t a horrible idea.
- Amazon.com. Yes, they can still ship things in time for Christmas. And if you aren’t sure what to buy you can get an Amazon gift certificate to download instantly.
- Dinner in a basket. Go to the grocery store and buy some quality pasta sauce, a pound of pasta, a box of bread sticks, and a bottle of wine. You could also include some pretty napkins and a candle. Put it all in a basket, throw a bow around it and you’ve got a thoughtful gift.
- Coffee. Around here, Dunkin Donuts is big and a gift card or a couple of pounds of coffee are always a welcome gift.
- Lottery tickets. Personally, I do not give these as gifts because I couldn’t bear it if I gave someone a ticket and they won instead of me. But they are easy to buy and readily available and many people like to give and receive them.
- Booze. Make it seasonal, though, and get a nice bottle of champagne or the Nouveau Beaujolais or something like that. Then again, tequila is always welcome.
- Movie money. Make sure you get enough to cover the movie, the popcorn, and a drink.
- Make a charitable donation in someone’s name. We give to our Visiting Nurse’s Association rather than buying gifts for Dale’s brother and his wife. The VNA uses this money to put together food baskets for those in need in our community. I also recommend your local Kiwanis group or Heifer International or Doctor’s Without Borders.
That’s my list and none of those things involve a trip to the mall – a definite bonus!