It’s the last Tuesday of 2010. That makes it perfect for today’s topic: 10 Intentions for the New Year. In my world, these are not resolutions because resolutions are vehicles for failure – to me, anyway. But intentions feel like goals and that makes them positive and easier to do. At least, that’s the theory. Let’s go!
- Exercise. Seriously, it’s time to get off my ass at least 3 times a week and Just.Do.It.
- Work on portion control. I eat good food, I just eat too much of it.
- Spin more frequently. I may even take up 10 minutes a day again.
- Read more books. More reading has decreased significantly since knitting took over my life. I love my Kindle, though, and it makes reading more fun.
- Listen to more audiobooks. I’ve been listening to the FDR biography for 2 months. I like it but I’m sick of it and need to finish up so I can move on to something else.
- Continue with Project 365. I contemplated giving up on this but I’ve seen significant improvement in my photos over the past year and I think it’s because I’ve taken at least one photo every day – it hardly seems appropriate to give up on this considering the benefits.
- Take more pictures of people. I tend to shoot mostly still life stuff and flowers and landscapes but I need to put myself out there and take photos of my family and friends.
- Take care of my skin. I’m not as young as I used to be and it’s time to be proactive about those little lines and dry patches.
- Allow myself to be happy. This can be difficult for me, I think mostly due to the major losses I have had in my life. I think somehow my mind gets all twisted and believes that if I am too happy something bad will happen – so I look for problems. It’s unconscious but I’d like to be more conscious about it and just allow myself to feel happiness without worrying about what will happen next.
- Live in the moment. This goes hand in hand with #9.
I hope we all have great success with our intentions!