I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
The Oscars are coming! In fact, they are now only 19 days away! I’m working on my goal of seeing all 10 Best Picture nominees before the big event but in the meantime, let’s talk about my 10 Favorite Oscar Winning Films.
- Gone With the Wind, 1939. I’ve watched it since I was a little girl and I never get tired of it.
- Rebecca, 1940. Nobody is as chilling as Mrs. Danvers.
- Casablanca, 1943. This one has everything, romance, war, irony, and the oh-so-charming Humphrey Bogart.
- All About Eve, 1950. I have a dear friend who made it her mission to make sure I saw some really great classics. This is one of my all time favorites that she made me watch.
- The Sound of Music, 1965. It came out the year I was born and is my favorite musical of all time.
- The Godfather, 1972. Every time I watch this I see something new. What a masterpiece!
- Dances with Wolves, 1990. I never saw this when it was new but Dale made me watch it when we were dating. I’m so glad because I would have hated to miss out on this one.
- Schindler’s List, 1993. Certainly not easy to watch but still a fantastic movie.
- Forrest Gump, 1994. If I’m flipping channels and it’s one I can’t resist it. Life is like a box of chocolates.
- Crash, 2005. I love the message of this movie – everyone is prejudiced against someone. Some day I hope that changes.
I probably could have listed another 10. I had to eliminate Gigi and Rain Man and Shakespeare in Love and some other really awesome movies. Honestly, I just love the movies!