I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
I have to admit that sometimes I struggle to come up with topics for this whole Ten on Tuesday thing. It’s not easy to keep it positive, keep it simple and keep it interesting! That said, I’m hoping this week’s topic, 10 Favorite Non-Knitting Blogs, is a winner. I think it will be because I think, while we all read lots of knitting blogs, that we are all also reading other types of blogs and I’d love to know what they all are. Here are mine:
- The Pioneer Woman. She’s probably going to be at the top of a lot of lists today but that’s for good reason – she’s funny, she’s interesting, and she’s a great cook. I started reading her when Norma linked to her French Breakfast Puffs and I haven’t stopped since.
- The World Needs More Pie. I love pie and this is a great blog about a woman who is starting her life over (by baking pie) after the unexpected death of her husband. Plus, she lives in the American Gothic house. Very cool.
- Stuff White People Like. Irreverent, yes, but oh so funny.
- With apologies to my conservative friends (what? I have a few!), Margaret and Helen. I kind of doubt it’s actually written by two old ladies named Margaret and Helen but the political commentary is spot on.
- This Is Reverb. A little photography, a little cooking, a little religion, plus a beautiful wife and some adorable kids – with another on the way – makes this a very readable blog.
- Historical Digression. My friend Patrick writes this one and sometimes the historical stuff is over my head but he’s a good writer and I’ve learned a lot of local history from him.
- Blue Mass Group. More politics but this time with a Massachusetts (i.e. liberal) spin.
- Bake at 350. I dream of making cookies as beautiful as hers. Dream being the key word here.
- BuffettNews.com. I got to keep up on my Jimmy, you know.
- Iffles.com. I’ve only recently started reading photography blogs and some of them are just too technical but this one is very enjoyable and inspiring.
I can’t wait to read about what you all are reading! Be sure and add your entry to the list blogs participating this week.