I have a habit of complaining about the month of March. It’s long and I’m really sick of winter by this time. There are no Monday holidays and the days are often gray. However, I try to stay positive and upbeat so this week’s theme for Ten on Tuesday is 10 Things to Like About the Month of March.
- Margene’s birthday is in March. It’s hard to dislike a month that includes the birthday of one of your very best friends.
- St. Patrick’s Day. It’s not a holiday that comes with a day off from work but it’s still a lot of fun. We have friends who host an annual party and we often go to the parade in Boston. It’s a great excuse to drink Guinness, too.
- Crocus. We’ve had a ton of snow so I’m not sure if they will be delayed but I do usually have crocus in bloom sometime in March.
- Birds. They are more active and more vocal. My goldfinches are already showing signs of yellow again. Hooray!
- Melting. We still get snow in March but it just doesn’t hang around as long, thank goodness.
- Pancakes. Our Kiwanis pancake breakfast is always in March and, while it’s a lot of work, it’s also a lot of fun. Plus, it’s an event that includes all you can eat pancakes and bacon and what’s not to like about that?
- March Madness. I love me some woman’s college basketball.
- Spring Break. Hannah will be home for a whole week and it’s so nice to have her around – this is definitely something good about March.
- Mardi Gras is in March and that means King Cake. I made it once before and it’s so worth the effort that I hope to make one this year, too.
- Finally, and most importantly, SPRING arrives in March. This year it’s March 20th and I can’t wait!
I feel better about March already. If you wrote a Ten on Tuesday list don’t forget to add your link to the list below.