I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
It’s only a few days until my annual family beach vacation and I’m in full-on planning mode. I really believe that the more I plan in advance, whether it’s breakfast, dinner, activities or destinations, the more relaxing my vacation will be. Of course, if the weather is fine then the only destination we’ll have is the beach, therefore I’d like to make a list of 10 Great Snacks to take to the Beach.
- Green grapes. I love them when they are cold and crunchy, they are refreshing and thirst quenching and delicious.
- Cheese and crackers. The perfect snack, in my opinion.
- Trail mix. My favorite has peanuts and M&Ms and raisins. I usually make a big bag before we go.
- Caprese sticks. A grape tomato, a basil leaf and a mozzarella ball on a tooth pick. Fast to make, simple to pack, and delicious to eat.
- Chocolate chip cookies. A day at the beach is great but a day at the beach with homemade chocolate chip cookies is fantastic.
- Hummus and carrot sticks. Crunchy and yummy – just be careful not to drop the container!
- Wraps. My family isn’t big on wraps but on my own I’d put some meat and cheese, perhaps some chopped olives or hot peppers, wrap it all up and slice it into rounds. Mmmm.
- Twizzlers. I don’t know what it is about them but we always have them on vacation and I definitely associate them with the beach.
- Goldfish crackers. They are universally enjoyed by all 5 of us so a bag doesn’t last long – a good thing considering our humid Cape Cod weather.
- Cocktails. I know a drink isn’t technically a snack but I really enjoy a cold glass of Malibu and pineapple juice when I’m by the sea. Mmmm.