A long long time ago I made enough quilt blocks for a log cabin quilt.…
Thanks, everyone, for your compliments on the Vivian sweater progress. It’s nice that so many of you think I deserve a break from this but believe me when I tell you that I have taken plenty of breaks from knitting this sweater. I started it back in April. My goal was to have it finished by Hannah’s birthday and that was September 3rd. Whoops. My goal now is Christmas but I’d really like to have it done by Thanksgiving so I really just need to keep moving forward. So far I have resisted the call of the Hawthorne but I’ve told myself I can cast it on as a reward when I get the second sleeve finished.
In the meantime, I have finished another lap quilt. The fabrics are from a second jelly roll that I bought at Keepsake Quilting when we visited last summer and it’s totally different from the one for Hannah.
It’s all blues and browns, for one thing.
And the pattern is a more traditional block, for another thing.
I dug through my fabric stash for the border and and binding fabrics found this floral print which is perfect. I think I had bought this for a Civil war period tie for Dale but either I never got around to making it or he didn’t like the fabric. It’s all used up now, though, so too bad for him.
I also found the backing fabric in my fiber stash. This, too, was bought for Dale. I believe it was going to be a Civil War period shirt but then he announced that he would only wear white shirts and black ties because that’s what General Hancock did. Whateverrrrr. Again, it’s a win for me because I didn’t have to go shopping to buy something to go with this quilt. That meant it got finished faster and for less money. Yay.
And it’s also a win for Dale since I made this quilt for him. He clearly loves it and it’s much more useful than an 1860s style shirt and tie. It’s warmer, too.