I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Winter arrived with a vengeance last weekend here in Massachusetts. We didn’t get any snow but the temps dropped into the single digits and when it does that I want to hibernate in my cozy house. I’m never at a loss for things to do inside and so today’s Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Things To Do Inside When It’s Too Cold To Go Outside.
- Knit. Of course this had to be listed first but the truly great thing about knitting is that you can do it anywhere – inside when it’s cold, outside when it’s warm, it’s the ultimate portable craft.
- Spin. Like knitting, spinning can be done outside but there’s something truly awesome about spinning with soft wool when it’s cold outside.
- Build a fire. We have a wood stove so there’s always a fire going here but I remember how comforting it was to build a fire in the fireplace in my old house when the temperatures plummeted.
- Read. This is best done by that fire.
- Play video games. On Sunday Dale and I played the Wii for a good portion of the afternoon. The physical games like bowling and tennis were a great alternative when we felt like we had been sitting on the couch for too long.
- Play cards or a board game. It’s fun, it makes you laugh, and there’s something so cozy about playing games on a cold winter night.
- Bake cookies. Moving around, gathering ingredients, mixing the batter and all of that will warm you up. The hot oven will warm the kitchen and the yummy cookies will warm your insides.
- Organize/clean something. My kitchen pantry is calling my name. So far I’m ignoring it but if it’s cold again next weekend I will tackle this.
- Eat things that will warm your insides. Spicy chili, buffalo chicken dip, a hot bowl of soup – you get the idea.
- Snuggle by the wood stove. This can also need to another rather pleasant indoor activity. Just sayin.
Stay warm, friends!