Happy Valentine’s Day to all of you! Whether you have a sweetheart or not today is about L-O-V-E and today’s Ten on Tuesday topic is about something I think we all love – chocolate. Specifically, 10 Favorite Chocolate Treats.
- My favorite thing is just straight up chocolate so my first thing on the list has to be a plain chocolate candy bar. Make it Green and Black’s Organic Dark Chocolate (I like the 70% best) and I’m a happy girl.
- Other types of chocolate candies: Rolos, Peanut Butter Cups, Mr. Goodbars, M&Ms, and Baby Ruth are my favorites.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies, especially when they are right out of the oven.
- Chocolate Cream Pie. It’s Dale’s favorite, too, and pretty simple to make.
- Chocolate Orange Tea. When my friend Terry first told me about this I was skeptical. Then I tried it. Heaven in a cup, I tell you and I’d rather have this than hot chocolate. Shocking, I know.
- Chocolate Layer Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. This is what my mom always made for me on my birthday. I just love the combination of vanilla frosting and chocolate cake. Mmmm.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries. They are so quick and easy to make that I don’t know why we don’t have them more often.
- Brownies. I mean, really, how can you not have brownies on a list of favorite chocolate treats? I like them from a box and I love them from scratch. They are also good in variations that include caramel, nuts, frosting and other gooey goodness.
- Chocolate Truffles. And I mean the really good ones that are beautiful to look at and taste divine.
- A Chocolate Martini. A little vodka, a little Godiva liqueur, and a little Chambord. Oh yesssssss.
Truthfully, I don’t eat a lot of chocolate as I’m more of a savory snacker. That said, I really could go for some chocolate right about now!