The Oscars were last Sunday night and you all know how much I love to watch The Oscars! Today I’m going to share 10 Thoughts On This Year’s Oscars.
- I loved that Billy Crystal hosted again. He’s funny and he’s entertaining. I sort of feel like the host doesn’t get enough air time these days, though.
- I loved that Meryl Streep won for Best Actress. I was torn between routing for her or Viola Davis in The Help but I think Meryl Streep really made The Iron Lady what it was and that’s why she won. And her speech was fantastic.
- I loved that Christopher Plummer won Best Supporting Actor. I had such a crush on Captain Von Trapp when I was young and it was great to see him honored with this award.
- I loved the Cirque du Soleil performance. There’s some pretty major talent in that group of performers.
- I loved that none of the movies really swept all the awards. Hugo, which was my favorite of all the Best Picture nominees, won it’s fair share but other movies also won in different categories and I think that’s great. It’s too bad Woody Allen wasn’t there when he won for Midnight in Paris.
- I loved Jessica Chastain’s dress. The style was beautiful on her and that black and gold fabric was gorgeous.
- I loved seeing all the dresses. I thought Viola Davis looked stunning, Penelope Cruz looked perfectly classical, and Octavia Spencer looked lovely. I was not crazy about Emma Stone’s big shoulder bow and I thought Angelina Jolie looked sickly.
- I loved seeing all those handsome leading men. George Clooney and Colin Firth can come right over here and sit by me.
- I loved the look on Ryan Seacrest’s face when Sacha Baron Cohen spilled the “ashes” of King Jung II on him. Ryan was not a happy guy right about then and I must be a meanie because I liked seeing him get rattled.
- I loved almost all of the Best Picture nominees. I was not crazy about Tree of Life but I thought the others were terrific. I was definitely routing for Hugo for BP but I’m not unhappy that The Artist won.
I know not everyone loves The Oscars like I do but I appreciate that you all indulge me in my fashion and movie obsession once a year!