We could all use a laugh now and again and today’s topic is all about laughs. It was suggested by Kristi and we’re talking about our 10 Favorite Comedy Movies. I’m chuckling already just thinking about some of these!
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail. From bring out your dead to it’s a flesh wound to we fart in your general direction, this one is simply the best.
- Young Frankenstein. It’s my go-to funny movie, the perfect thing when I need a pick me up. It’s silly and campy and I love it.
- The Big Lebowski. Can you believe I had never seen this until a couple of years ago? A guy at a bar in Boston told Dale that he looked just like The Dude and then we had to see it. It’s awesome.
- Some Like It Hot. Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis, Marilyn Monroe – need I say more?
- The Producers. You really can’t go wrong with Mel Brooks. Springtime for Hitler in Germany . . .
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. Even all these years later, I simply cannot resist it when it’s on.
- This Is Spinal Tap. The scene with the little Stonehenge gets me every time.
- Best In Show. It’s another Christopher Guest classic and honestly, nobody does satire better than him.
- The Sting. Sometimes subtle comedy can be the best comedy of all.
- National Lampoon’s Vacation. You wouldn’t think a cross country drive full of disaster could be funny . . . and yet!
I thought of also including The Princess Bride and When Harry Met Sally and Sweet Home Alabama but those are romantic comedies and I think there’s a distinct difference. Perhaps we can have that as a future topic but in the meantime I’m going to be laughing away!