I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Today is my sweet husband Dale’s birthday but it’s also a Tuesday and I didn’t want to let down my Ten on Tuesday participants. Sooooo, I found a way to combine these two things with today’s topic: 10 Ways to Feel Like a Kid Again. No one is better at being a big ole kid than Dale and it’s one of the things I love most about him. So here are our favorite things to do to make us feel like kids again:
- Ride our pretty, pretty bikes. There’s nothing like being on a 3 speed cruiser with pedal brakes to make you feel like a kid!
- Eat ice cream – preferably with jimmies! This will be a splurge for me this summer and that will make it all the better.
- Blow bubbles. I like those giant bubble wands but Dale is a traditionalist and he prefers the old fashioned small bottles with the single bubble wand.
- Play dress up. We are big on this at our house because, let’s face it, it’s fun to be someone else for a little while. It’s part of the reason why we enjoy reenacting, it’s why we throw a Halloween party every year, and it makes going to Jimmy Buffett concerts lots and lots of fun – more on that later this week.
- Light sparklers. Twirl them around. Oooh and ahhhh.
- Eat watermelon and spit the seeds as far as you can.
- Build an indoor fort. This is even better as an adult because it can involve adult beverages and other, errr, adult activities.
- Go to a carnival. Remember Dale’s birthday party last year with it’s carnival theme? Carnivals are fun! Go play games, ride some rides, go down the giant slide and just revel in the experience.
- Run through a sprinkler. Just don’t slip and fall – we don’t bounce back in quite the same way as kids!
- Laugh! Just let go and laugh, there’s nothing better.
I’m ready to play! And I’m ready to wish a happy happy birthday to my fun-loving-big-kid-husband, Dale! Won’t you all join me?