You know we’re big on cramming lots of fun things into our weekends so today’s Ten On Tuesday topic should come as no surprise: 10 Things You Love To Do on the Weekend. Let’s get right to it!
- Hang out with Dale. My favorite weekends are the ones where we just spend all of our time together.
- Knit, spin, quilt or some other crafty thing. I love having uninterrupted knitting time.
- Sleep a little late. I’m a morning person so I never really sleep late but it is nice to not have to get up at 5am.
- Run. I never would have expected this to be on a list of mine but I like running on the weekends because I don’t have to rush to get ready for work when I’m done.
- Entertain. I really enjoy having friends over for dinner, drinks, snacks or whatever.
- Have a fire in our firepit. This can go hand in hand with the entertaining thing but it’s nice when it’s just Dale and I, too.
- Go dancing. Only if it’s my favorite band, though.
- Watch football. More on this tomorrow.
- Take a drive. I love Sunday afternoon drives with Dale. Lots to see, maybe a stop for a drink or some shopping, it’s relaxing and fun.
- Catch up on TV. Week nights can get busy and weekends are a good time to watch all the episodes I missed during the week.
And that’s my list. I really love the weekend!
me too! I wonder how our lists will change once everyone’s retired…my favorite part – like you – is spending time with my husband!
Weekends are The Best! 🙂
Yes, being able to sleep in a wee bit later. I too am a morning person. Spending time with my family. And take in a workshop on occasion – doing indigo dyeing this weekend. Fun!
Hanging around the house after a week away and catching up on all the stuff….work, laundry, cooking, fun, garden, time with Smith and Mox, and friends. I’d love a three day weekend like you have!
Seanna Lea says
I’m looking forward to the weekend, though looking at my list I might have too many things to do!
Ah the weekend. You’ll have to tell us what those delicious looking drinks are! I wish they were all three days long.
I love weekends, too – hanging with my family is so precious, especially on the rare occasions we can all be together. I have to add kayaking to the list, one of my favorite things is to go out on the lake in the morning with my coffee and enjoy the quiet.
Love weekends! When we were both working, we loved going to the mountains. Now I’d rather go during the week when it’s not as busy everywhere. Other than that, not much changes when you retire.
Weekend mornings spent slowly sipping coffee whilst wearing slippers and holding my lap cat…no rushing around to zoom out the door to get somewhere on time.
Another fun topic – great list!
I love going for car rides on weekends, too. They’re so much more relaxing when you don’t have a specific destination in mind.
You get a lot done on a weekend! My list always includes laundry, grocery shopping, and produce prepping for the week. BUT I also squeeze in some nice family time. I’d like weekend even better if they came every three days!