The other day we bought milk and the expiration date made me sad because it’s in November. Really? Already? I perked up, though, when I realized that means Halloween is next week and I got to thinking about trick or treating and all the fun stuff that goes along with this particular holiday. Of course the most fun thing of all is the candy and that’s why this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Favorite Candies In Your Trick Or Treat Bag.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Maybe it’s because the packages are orange but this is the first one of thought of.
- Milky Way. I love that caramel and nougat combo.
- Snickers. Peanuts, chocolate and more.
- Baby Ruth. These are probably my true favorite but they are a rare commodity when it comes to trick or treating.
- Tootsie Rolls. You know those big ones? Love ’em.
- Hershey Bar. There’s just something so wonderfully simple about a plain Hershey Bar.
- Almond Joy. I love coconut and almond together.
- M&Ms. It’s so much fun to eat these – it seems like much more than a tiny candy bar.
- Skittles. Again, lots of little candies make for a fun time. And the fruity flavors are yummy.
- 3 Musketeers. Light as air, perfect for after you’ve stuffed yourself with everything else in your bag!
I’ll be enjoying candy vicariously this year and will only indulge in one special treat. You can bet it will be a Baby Ruth!