I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
Tomorrow is Halloween and that’s got me thinking about scary movies, of course. We did a scary movie topic last year but this year I’m drilling it down to something more specific: 10 Favorite Alfred Hitchcock Movies. Ready? Let’s get spooked!
- Psycho. Everyone’s favorite, right? My mother locked the bathroom door for the rest of her life after seeing this movie.
- Rear Window. Brilliant. And Grace Kelly, too.
- Rebecca. Mrs. Danvers. ‘Nuff said.
- The Birds. I think this was on every Sunday when I was a kid. I loved it.
- Vertigo. Nobody did acrophobia like Hitchcock. I get dizzy just thinking about this one.
- Dial M for Murder. There is no such thing as a perfect crime.
- The 39 Steps. Nothing like a good spy story and also the one that really started Hitchcock’s reputation as the master of suspense.
- Strangers on a Train. Makes you wonder what Hitchcock had against tennis players. Ya know?
- North by Northwest. Cary Grant. Hubba hubba.
- Marnie. Hitchcock does sex. Heh.