I know that some bloggers have been doing Thankful Thursday posts and expressing their gratitude throughout this month but I haven’t done any of that myself yet and here we are at the last Ten on Tuesday before Thanksgiving. It seems like just the right time to talk about the 10 Things For Which I Am Thankful.
- Dale. Of course, always and forever at the top of my list.
- My immediate and extended family. Not just my Hannah but my step children and their children, my brothers and sisters through Dale, my father-in-law and, especially this year, my cousins Len and Lisa and their family – which is my family, too.
- Friends who encourage me. I have made some major changes in my life this year and I couldn’t have done it without the love and support of these friends. When I thought I couldn’t change, they told me I could and they never let me down. You know who you are and I just want to say: thank you.
- Running. Who ever thought this would show up on a list of mine? But I am thankful for the ability to run. I am able to do this 3-4 times per week and I’m relatively pain free and I know from hearing the stories of my friends and the injuries they suffer that I am privileged to be in this position.
- The YMCA. It is so close to my house and it’s a friendly and welcoming place. I was a member years ago but I used to just go in, walk on the treadmill for a bit, and leave. This time I’ve gotten involved with a personal trainer and I’ve gotten to know the fitness staff and it’s made a world of difference. I feel like a part of the community there and that makes it much nicer to go and do my work outs.
- Bizzy, my personal trainer. I wouldn’t be nearly as fit and strong as I am right now if it weren’t for her and I’m grateful to have her in my life.
- My camera. I got a snazzy new camera last year right before Christmas and it is a joy to work with, plus it connects me with all of you.
- A new car. Okay, I’ve had my new Subaru since last February but I still get a lot of joy driving her around. The gas mileage is nice, too!
- Meaningful work. Kym and I were discussing this yesterday. Of course I’m grateful to have a job and a paycheck but I’m also thankful that my job gives meaning to my life. Putting the right book into the hands of a patron, answering someone’s question correctly, assembling and delivering Thanksgiving baskets, it’s all good and important work and I’m proud to do it.
- Enough to eat. Frankly, I’ve had more than enough to eat for a lot of years and that led to the problems I’ve been addressing this year. Nevertheless, I am so thankful that I have never had to deal with food insecurity since this is now something I see on a daily basis.
There is much more in my life that I am thankful for, of course, but those are the things on my mind today. If you’ve written a blog post to go along with today’s topic please click the button below to add a link to your post. If you’d like to subscribe to Ten on Tuesday emails, please click here.