I don’t know about where you are but our weather took a definite turn for the colder last weekend. The wind was bitterly cold and all I could think about was keeping warm. Or, more specifically, keeping my hands warm. And that leads me right into this week’s topic: 10 Mittens/Mitts I Want To Knit.
- Drifty Mittens. This has been in my queue forever, I’ve had the yarn for over a year and I’m finally going to start them. Tonight.
- Jo March Mitts. I love a cabled mitt and this is a free pattern, too.
- October Leaves Fingerless Mitts. Just because they say October doesn’t mean they can’t be knit in, ohhhh, December. Right?
- Let It Snow Mittens. I love that simple snowflake on the back of the hand.
- Girls and Ladies Mittens. Utilitarian, free, but a simple cabled cuff to make them interesting. These would make a perfect gift.
- Bodhi Mittens. I love a mitten that doesn’t have a ribbed cuff and the motif on the hand is really different.
- Northman Mittens. Because everyone needs some pretty colorwork now and again.
- Mom’s Cabled Mitts. I’ve had a couple of people ask me to knit them a pair of mitts recently and these seems like a good pattern for that – quick but still a little fancy so they don’t think I’m a total slacker.
- Toast. Perfect for handspun, I think.
- Spruce Tree Mittens. Another freebie and so so pretty. I think I’d need them to be green, though, because of the name.
And there you have it – I think I’ll be busy with mittens and mitts for a good long while. I also think my Ravelry queue will have grown by the time I finish reading all of your posts. Don’t forget to include a link to your post by clicking the button below. And if you want to get Ten on Tuesday emails delivered to your inbox on Monday mornings then go on and click here.