Hullo! After two weeks of Tuesday holidays it’s time to start up Ten on Tuesday again. This week’s topic is a timely one: 10 Goals for 2013. These are not resolutions because I think resolutions are destined to fail. Goals, on the other hand, are attainable and something to work towards. So here are mine:
- Increase my running time. Right now, if I really really push, I can run a mile in around 13 minutes. Considering that I couldn’t run for 30 seconds back in May, I know that’s pretty good. But it’s not good enough and I’d like to get myself to an 11 minute mile by spring.
- Run three 5K races. This, of course, goes hand in hand with #1.
- Hit my goal weight by May. I figured on it taking me a year to lose all this weight and so far I’ve stayed on track with it, even throughout the holidays.
- Travel outside the United States. I’ve got a passport and I’m determined to use it this April. Mexico, anyone?
- Repurpose our home office. This will involve getting rid of the piano my parents bought me when I was 10, upgrading Dale to a laptop, getting someone to replaster the walls, and buying new furniture. In other words – another major home improvement project.
- Make homemade marshmallows. I never did do this in 2012 so this year IS the year.
- Read more books. I used to read a lot and then I got away from it, which is shameful for a librarian. Last fall I started reading again and I’m really enjoying it and plan to keep it up this year.
- Have an awesome installation party when I become Kiwanis President. Jo-Ann? I’m going to need your help with this one!
- Finish my Log Cabin quilt. All I need to do is put on the borders and give it to Lois because she’s going to quilt it on her long arm machine. We’re talking an afternoon of time here so this should be an easy accomplishment.
- Surprise myself! This comes directly from this post that Kym wrote. I surprised the hell out of myself last year by taking up running. I can only imagine what will happen in 2013!
How about you? What do you want to accomplish in 2013?