I imagine that most of us spend a fair amount of time in our cars. My commute is only 25 minutes but that’s still almost an hour a day. Plus there is all that time spent driving around running errands, meeting up with friends, going to the gym – it all means that our cars are an extension of our homes. Since I bought my new car last year I have tried to keep it neat and tidy and I have mostly succeeded. Still, there are things I like to have in my car for convenience and that leads me to this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic: 10 Things You Always Have In Your Car. Let’s go!
- My registration, owner’s manual and all that jazz. I actually refer to that owner’s manual now and again. Shocking, I know.
- Reusable grocery bags. I have about 10 and I use them every week and then put them right back into the car so that they are then when I need them.
- A flashlight. Actually, I think I have a couple. One is crank operated so the batteries never wear out and the other is a small one that Dale got me for Christmas.
- Blistex. I keep it in the little compartment in the middle of the console so that I don’t have to rummage through my purse for it when I’m driving.
- A USB connector for my iPhone. It’s how I listen to my favorite tunes while I’m driving.
- Deposit slips from my bank. And a pen. Self explanatory, right?
- An extra pair of mittens – just in case I don’t have a pair in my coat pocket.
- Sunglasses. I don’t wear them very often but they are especially handy in the winter when there’s snow glare.
- My Garmin GPS. I know some people use their phone for this but I prefer, as my friend calls it, the bitch in the box.
- Windshield scraper. I avoid scraping my own windshield whenever possible but sometimes even I can’t avoid it.
And there you have it, the things I like to have when I’m driving around in my car. Click the link below to add your list and don’t forget that you can sign up for Ten on Tuesday notices by clicking here.