Tomorrow is May 1st and surely surely that means that it will actually start to feel like spring in the Northern Hemisphere. Right? Because April was cold around here and it definitely didn’t feel very spring like. We’re waving goodbye to April, though, and saying hullo to May with this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic: 10 Things I’m Looking Forward to in the Month of May.
- Frank Harlow Day. It’s the one Civil War event I still do and Dale runs it and it’s this coming Saturday. Dare I say it: the weather sounds okay. Chilly but not raining and that’s a freakin’ miracle.
- Graduations and parties. There’s one on our radar and I’m looking forward to it very much.
- Cocktails and dinner on our deck. We pushed it a little last weekend and sat outside but it was a bit too cold to enjoy it for long.
- Memorial Day Weekend. I know, I know, it’s not until the month is practically over but I love me a Monday holiday.
- Extra money in my paycheck. There are 5 Thursdays in May and that means I get a week without a deduction for my health insurance. Woot!
- Watching my perennial garden come to life. I’ve got loads of grape hyacinth right now along with violets and ground phlox. The peonies are coming up and so are the daylilies. It’s my favorite time of year for perennials.
- Edging, mulching, planting. I’m particularly looking forward to it because this year I have hired someone else to do it!
- Taking the roof off the Jeep and going for a ride.
- Sandals, bare legs and regular pedicures. Also – no more jackets!
- Fires in the fire pit.
How about you? What are you looking forward to in May? If you wrote a blog post to go along with today’s topic be sure and include your link. And if you want to receive the Ten on Tuesday topic via email every Monday then click here to subscribe.