Since last Sunday was Mother’s Day I’ve been thinking a lot about moms. My mom, the kind of mom I want to be for Hannah and my stepkids, and the moms in my favorite TV shows. And so, this week for Ten on Tuesday I’m creating a list of my 10 Favorite TV Moms!
- Marion Cunningham from Happy Days. Of course she’s first, she was the best and didn’t we all want her to be our mom and cook us a pot roast?
- Caroline Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie. Mostly I just wanted to wear long dresses and be married to Pa.
- Carol Brady from The Brady Bunch. This show is airing these days and Dale and I have really gotten a kick out of watching some of the old episodes. Carol Brady was the perfect 1970s mom and you had to love that flip hairdo!
- Lorelie Gilmore from Gilmore Girls. She was one amazing single mom.
- Clair Huxtable from The Cosby Show. She had it all: the career, the kids, the doctor husband and that great brownstone in New York City.
- June Cleaver from Leave It to Beaver. She was the quintessential 50s mom with her full skirts and pearl necklace.
- Nora Walker from Brothers and Sisters. Meddling but loving and what a strong matriarch she was.
- Miss Ellie Ewing from Dallas. Strong and loving but don’t cross her or her sons!
- Abby Bradford from Eight is Enough. She was a great stepmom, something I strive for myself.
- Olivia Walton. She was understanding and firm and held that whole family together.
I had a lot of fun writing this list and thinking about all of these awesome TV moms. Hope you all enjoy the topic and don’t forget to add a link to your post if you happened to write on. Sign up for Ten on Tuesday emails here.