I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
When it comes to ice cream, I can mostly take it or leave it. But the other night we were at our friend’s house and they set out a “make your own sundae” spread. I tried to resist but, as my friend Anne pointed out, I’d already had a few glasses of sangria so why bother skipping the ice cream? So I didn’t and it was good and it made me think of all the things I love to put on ice cream to make it even better. And a Ten on Tuesday topic was born: Ten Favorite Ice Cream Toppings.
- Hot fudge. It’s the quintessential topping for a reason: it’s simply the best.
- Whipped cream. When it comes to pie and strawberry shortcake I prefer homemade but when it comes to an ice cream sundae, give me the kind you squirt out of a can.
- Nuts. Salted, please.
- Peanut butter sauce. Paired with hot fudge or on it’s own, I love it.
- Marshmallow. A wonderful alternative to whipped cream.
- Butterscotch. Not too much or it’s too sweet, just a little does the trick.
- Strawberries, pineapple and bananas – but all 3 must be included and then you’ve got a good ole banana split.
- Fresh fruit. I love raspberries and blackberries on vanilla ice cream.
- Hot apple pie filling. Trust me, it’s delicious.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter cups. I can’t help myself, I love peanut butter.
Those are my favorites – what are yours? Make sure to add your post below if you’re participating. And click here if you want to sign up to receive Ten on Tuesday emails.