A good friend had a slip up last week and when I asked him how it happened he said, “I got ungrateful.” And that made me think about all that we have to be grateful for every single day. Sure, we talk about it at Thanksgiving but an attitude of gratitude is something we should all remember. And so, it is in that spirit that I present this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic: 10 Times I Felt Grateful Last Week.
- When Dale agreed to pick up the groceries at the store so that I didn’t have to take the time to grocery shop on Friday.
- When I had lunch with a dear friend who lives far away now but was here visiting.
- When I got to congratulate my nephew on his high school graduation.
- When an employee that I appreciate very much returned to work after a 2 month absence due to health reasons.
- When the IV for my colonoscopy went in and only hurt a teeny bit. And, of course, when the whole colonoscopy thing was, ummm, behind me.
- When I was able to attend Town Meeting and vote in favor of the library expansion study.
- When I snuggled with Mason on the couch.
- When Hannah asked me for advice.
- When I had an excellent experience with L.L. Bean Customer Service.
- When Dale and I had a perfectly perfect Sunday together with no schedules, commitments or plans.
There is lots and lots to be grateful for every day, big stuff and small stuff. Tell me what you’re grateful for – and if you wrote a blog post about it please share your link below.