I love to use music to set a tone and I have lots of playlists for my various moods. I have one for running and one for road trips and one for romance – you get the idea. What I didn’t have until today, however, was one for the beach. I’m not sure how I missed out on creating one but now I have and of course I used it to inspire this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic: 10 Favorite Beach Songs.
- The Summer Wind by Frank Sinatra. My all time favorite although Dale prefers the Johnny Mercer version.
- Knee Deep by Zac Brown Band. Best line: only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair.
- In the Summertime by Mungo Jerry. Good, old fashioned fun.
- The Boys of Summer byDon Henley. Makes me think of my college days.
- All Summer Long by Kid Rock. Perfect party song and this one makes me think of Kym.
- Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves. Is there a peppier song in the whole world? I think not.
- Theme from A Summer Place by Percy Faith. It’s a classic and we always listen to it when we go to the Cape for our vacation.
- Sea Cruise by Frankie Ford. Speaking of our Cape Cod vacation – I always listen to this one (and the next one) when I drive over the Bourne Bridge. If the traffic is bad I get to listen to them several times.
- Beyond the Sea by Bobbie Darin. See above.
- One Particular Harbour by Jimmy Buffett. My most favorite Buffett song is also perfect for the beach.
Those are my favorite beach songs – what are yours? If you wrote a post for today be sure and include your link below. And if you want to receive the Ten on Tuesday email then click here to sign up.