I know, because of the comments from last week, that many of you enjoy reading…
It’s hard to believe we have already passed the mid point of July – the summer days are definitely flying by but I still intend to make the most of my favorite season. One of the things I truly enjoy about summer is all of the special foods we eat this time of year. Some of them healthy, some of them indulgent but all of them delicious. Today I’m making a list of my Ten Favorite Summertime Treats.
- Lobster. Hot with melted butter or in a roll with lettuce, this has to go at the top of my list because I love it so much.
- Local tomatoes. I love them with mozzarella and basil or on a burger or just by themselves with salt and pepper.
- Local corn. I use only a teeny bit of butter and no salt at all. It’s sweet and delicious.
- Ice cream. I don’t eat ice cream often but it’s definitely a summertime treat for me. Peppermint stick or black raspberry, please.
- Fried clams. This is probably the most indulgent item on my list but I must have them when we go to the Cape on vacation.
- Iced Coffee. Cold brewed is my favorite.
- Blueberry pie. This is my favorite summertime pie. I like it warm from the oven with just a tiny scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Sam Adams Porch Rocker. Part beer and part lemonade, it’s light and refreshing and delicious.
- Striper. You probably call it striped bass but around here it’s just called striper and when it’s fresh caught it’s fantastic.
- Summer squash. I love it on the grill, Dale loves it steamed until it’s mushy. Either way it’s pretty darned good.
These food lists are always so easy to write! And like always, now I’m hungry! What are your favorite summertime treats? Don’t forget to add your link below and click here if you’d like to receive the Ten on Tuesday topic email every Monday.