While I had a wonderful time on vacation, two weeks is a long time to be away from home. When I got home I missed the beach and riding my bike and sleeping late but I was also glad to be back among my own things. In an effort to focus on the positive and just get over missing vacation stuff, I came up with today’s Ten on Tuesday topic: 10 Things You Miss About Your Own House When You Go Away.
- Wifi. Hands down, this is what I miss the most.
- My own bathroom. Now granted, the house we rent has 2 full baths and we only have 1 at home but still – ours is nicer.
- Our big ass flat screen TV. The TV at the beach house is small. We don’t watch it that much but we did watch 2 pre-season football games while we were there and I could barely see the ball.
- My own bed covered with my own quilts. Again, there is just something better about sleeping in your own bed.
- My Couch. I have my own little corner of the couch with my laptop and my knitting, the remote and hand cream and everything else I need within reach. It’s perfect.
- My garden. All those zinnias from the photo mosaic yesterday looked great when I got home and I was so happy to see them.
- The water cooler. Instant cold and hot water!
- The ice maker. We drink – ahem – a lot of cocktails when we are on vacation and that equals a lot of ice to make. Jessica is really good about staying on top of this when she is with us but for week 2 I was on my own and had to remember to keep filling those ice cube trays.
- Cooking with gas. The stove at the beach house is electric. So inferior compare to cooking with gas!
- Wall to wall carpeting. The beach house has lovely hard wood floors – however – they constantly need to be swept because of all the dog hair. And Dixie’s nails on those hard wood floors are loud, my friends. Coming home equals instant quiet when it comes to the dog moving around!
I’m probably more of a home body than I’m willing to admit. It’s nice to go away but it’s very nice to come home! Are you playing along this week? Be sure and click the link to add your post. And if you want to receive an email with the Ten On Tuesday topic every Monday, click here to sign up.