I must be thinking about expanding my horizons on some subconscious level since last week we talked about subjects we want to know more about and this week our Ten on Tuesday topic is 10 Things I Want to Try. This is a little different than readin’, writin’ and ‘rithmatic, though. Let’s go!
- Modern quilting. Lately I’m drawn to geometric shapes, bold colors and lots of white, all very different than the log cabin and scrap quilts I used to make.
- Short row heels. This tutorial came recommended by blog reader Katie K and I think I might just give it a try.
- Underwater photography. Snorkeling in Mexico would be so much more rewarding if I could take photos.
- Metal stamping. The problem with this is that it’s not a cheap hobby to start and then what happens if I don’t like it?
- Raising chickens. I think this would be great but Dale says no way. And he never says no so I guess I have to respect him when he does. This shall remain a want and not a do.
- Not eating after dinner. Okay, this is a weird thing to put on this list but my evening snacking has gotten out-of-control. Maybe if I put it here and say that I’m going to try and not eat after dinner I might actually be able to do it.
- Making cheese. I keep reading tutorials on this and it sounds fairly simple and I think the taste difference must be amazing.
- Making a leather wrap bracelet. I’ve had friends do this with some success and it would sure beat paying the high price of buying one already made.
- Doing more things with my hair. My bangs are almost grown out and I need to learn some easy updos and braids and stuff.
- Keeping a journal. I’m hesitant to start because I’m not sure I can commit to writing regularly. But I think it would be good for me so I’m putting it here.
Those are some of the things I want to try. How about you? As always, if you want to sign up for the Ten on Tuesday email then please click here.